Wednesday, March 11, 2009



Driving through the mountains we came across a herd of water buffalo grazing in the open. I approached this particular male water buffalo and his harem, but stopped once he raised his head and bellowed at me. Most beef eaten in Malaysia is of the bovine clan, like what we enjoy in the USA. But, if at any particular restaurant you get a rather tough piece of meat you might have been slipped a little, cost saving water buffalo.






One of my coworkers knows the best places to eat - honest. His recommendation: eating rock crab on the stinky river. It really smells aweful; something like sulfur must be leaching up through the water causing the river and its banks to smell horrible. That being said, the food was excellent!





This is a picture from my camera phone of my banana leaf, mutton curry lunch. 'Nothing like Mutton!'











I took this picture from my hotel window in Penang. While not personallya golfer, I thought this course looked well groomed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not use FORK! Use your hand! American!

Just kidding...what a fun trip! I feel really glad for you. You must be overwhleminged for this diverse culture...Eager to know what has been planned for you!

Good luck

Ling